Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

What causes Electric parking brake harness extension and sensor need replacement on 2024 Telluride?

We bought a brand new 2024 Kia telluride last November. About two weeks ago, while I was driving on a clear freeway, I suddenly started getting many warning systems flashing at me, including that the smart lane assist was off, cruise control wouldn't work...EPB (electric parking brake). Because the car was still driving fine, I kept going. we get to our destination, and when we try to leave after, the back right passenger wheel brake is engaged and won't let the car leave...after a good Samaritan troubleshooted for a while, we found a broken cable above that tire that we plugged back in and were able to move the car. We took it to Kia dealer, expecting to have the issue covered under warranty, but they said I drove over something that made it break, so I am out of pocket $1100 as they replace the electric parking brake extension harness and sensor, as it is unsafe to drive otherwise. They said I hit something. But, I really didn't as far as I am aware. They said a rock or stick could have bounced up and broken it, (which is possible since I was on a gravel road the day before, but I don't know why it would break the next day and why an SUV can't handle a gravel road?). There is no other damage. Every time I've been to this dealer for service, I've come away upset and feeling like things were disorganized (but don't worry, they got their great review because they make you feel guilty), so I am wary about what they say. I thought about claiming comprehensive on my insurance, but dealership said that they couldn't say it was not collision. (It wasn't.) Has anyone had this happen? I don’t understand how this could happen on a brand new car?