Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

2022 Kia Telluride transfer case seal issue

This question is regarding the 2022 Telluride AWD and specifically the rear transfer case and differential assembly. The drive shaft bolts to another shaft that enters the transfer case, there is a round ring-like plastic seal where the shaft enters the transfer case that has gotten severely damaged by debris that wrapped around the shaft. There is fluid residue around the transfer case, which leads me to believe that this is indeed a seal rather than simply a dust cover. I need to find that seal part number and replace it.

Also, there does not appear to be a drain plug on the transfer case, but there is a hex set screw in the top front of the transfer case that appears to be an access point of some kind, although it is relatively small if it is a fill port. There are larger easy to identify drain and fill plugs on the differential. I would like to know if the differential and transfer case share the same fluid. It appears they are bolted together in such a way that fluid transfer would occur between the two. I have seen some photos on another forum of a 2020 model but they don't exactly match the 2022.

Finally, correct me if I'm wrong, but the fluid needs to be synthetic hypoid gear oil 75-95w. I would just need to know the capacities of each or as a whole if the fluid is shared.

Thanks in advance for any expert help.