Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Wireless Android Auto

Not sure if anyone else on this forum has already noticed the latest update, but I just downloaded the update software for the Kia Telluride that should give it wireless Android Auto. I called Kia back on Aug. 02, 2024 and ended up (after getting handed off several times) working with a person in the "Navigation Solution Center". They told me if I will wait about a month, the next update will give us the wireless feature. I have not installed it yet; I tend to wait on new firmware updates and see what falls out in case there are any bugs to be resolved. Anyway, it is out there for you brave souls that are willing to give it a try. As for me, it will be interesting to see how long I can hold out before taking the leap. Also, another issue (actually the real reason I called Kia) I discussed with them was the idea of leaving the engine running for the complete update procedure; tech support said it could take anywhere from one to three hours, and I cannot accept that the engine must be running when what really matters is that the battery voltage must be maintained at a suitable level. The tech support person put me on hold and consulted with someone in engineering and confirmed that I was correct in that I simply must maintain the system voltage at the correct level. BTW, the "Navigation Solution Center" must be a small group either within Kia or a contractor that maintains the navigation software for Kia which explains why he was able to get the attention of an engineer so easily. When I get around to doing the update, I plan on keeping the battery voltage at about 13.8 volts (anything above 12.6 and below 14.4). A battery charger/maintainer should work but since I just happen to be an electronics tech and have the equipment, I will be using a regulated power supply to provide the charging current. Apologies if this post was a bit lengthy.

2024 Telluride SX-Prestige X-Pro AWD
Midnight Lake Blue / Terracotta Interior / Towing Pkg
5XYP5DGC7RG------