Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Towing with 2024 SX-X-Pro

dmodlin

I recently purchased a Yamaha AR 250 Boat, which I've been trying to keep at roughly 5500 lbs (dry weight of 5,224 LBS + 40 gallons of gas). The trailer, ShoreLand'r is dual axle, with manufacturer suggesting a tongue weight of 5 to 6% of the load, which would put the tongue weight between 275lb and 330lb (well within the 500lb limit).
I've been towing the boat with my Telluride 2024 SX-X-Pro (which comes with the self-leveling suspension) for a couple of months now on relatively short trips (30 miles each way) over flat, well-paved terrain with few or no passengers. Following the number of tows, I've noticed the rear of the vehicle sitting lower than before (when not loaded), with roughly a 3.5 inch clearance between the rear wheel and the wheel well plastic (vs. expected 4.25 inchers). Note when loaded, there is roughly 2.25 inch clearance.
I took it to the dealership to have the shocks and springs inspected; the shocks appear to be fine, but the springs are thought to have been overloaded and therefore not bouncing back to the original shape. Moreover, the rear alignment appears to be out of whack.
Now I know I'm trying to tow something that is at the very limit of the vehicle's quoted capability, and so I'm trying to figure out if there is anything that can be done to beef up the rear suspension. I've read posts with people using airbags to stiffen the springs, but these are not recommended with self-leveling suspension (as they negate its ability), I'm thus wondering if anyone is using aftermarket springs they can recommend (seen a lot of posts with Eibach springs for lifting/lowering, but these don't work with the self-leveling suspension).
Would appreciate any help/suggestions.