Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Parking brake sticking issue caused by Recall SC303

d2s11

Recall SC303 (driveshaft issue) is supposed to prevent your Telluride from rolling away while in Park by automatically engaging the parking brake every time the engine is turned off. Unfortunately, this cheap fix creates a side effect. The brakes will stick whenever the car is driven in wet conditions and then parked for more than a couple days. In fact, it will even happen in conditions of high humidity. It doesn't take long for a little rust to develop and cause the problem. This has happened to my Telluride several times now since Recall SC303 was performed. I tried to avoid this by releasing the brake after parking, but unfortunately the software upgrade does not allow it. Kia needs to fix the real problem with the driveshaft and not mess with the operation of the parking brake. It will be interesting to see what happens this winter when the brakes are sticking not only from rusting, but also from freezing.

This was posted by another owner, see if it helps with your issue:
" The EPB will automatically engage when you shot off the vehicle. Not too much of a concern for me being in Texas, however there is a workaround. If you press and hold down on the EPB button and then turn off the engine it won't engage. Tried this on mine and the EPB was off when restarting the vehicle. "