Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Nivomat Self-Levelling shock DIY replacement question

trevdan

2020 KT EX with tow package
DIY Installed 7 pin
Use Curt Echo bluetooth controller - hate it. super glitchy but don't have any ideas for an alternative since the 2020s apparently lack the brake light wire that a wired controller would connect to to activate trailer brakes.

My rear Nivomat self-leveling shock have both failed. One just shy of 50k - the other about 67k. The first one was warrantied but the dealer mechanic says he 'doesn't see anything wrong' with this despite my making him ride with me and drove over bumps (unmistakeable bouncing off curbs - no idea how this mechanic can't feel it). I was hoping they'd warranty this shock too but... looks like I'm swapping it myself. Thankfully, prices for these have come down from ~$700 to $350 in the last year.

Part #s:
Self-levelling shock - 55367-S9000 (I've heard the Hyundai version is identical but part number is ...-S9200?)
Top mount for self-leveling shock - 55310-S1150

What I'm wondering is if I really need to buy this kit or if I can do the swap with conventional tools. There is ZERO description online of what this kit is or what it does. I'm assuming it has to do with keeping the threaded shaft from rotating as the mount retainer nut is loosened. Any ideas?
Insulator Assembly Kit - Kia (55310-S1150FFF)