Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Left Passenger Window Shattered

Arkiefan

We bought our 2024 Telluride in September. On March 16th we were driving and our left passenger window exploded. Glass went everywhere. Luckily no one was in the 2nd row. I have read where others have had this issue.

Attachments

Any way to tell if it was hit by something or it exploded on it's own ?
Any links to " others " that had the same problem ?
If you brought it to the dealership, what was their comment ??

OP
A

Arkiefan

Thread Starter #3
There are other complaints with the same issue. Dealership tried to say a rock hit it. Not sure how they could tell as the window was completely shattered and there was not a rock in my car.

Nanapopo

On May 18,2024 the rear passenger window exploded. I hope they address this problem, it could dangerous!

One of the things that can be problematic with windows... but more typically sunroof windows... is additional stress applied to the glass. It usually comes as a result of the windows movement channels accumulating dirt or debris, which in turn creates more stress on the glass when the window is closed, or heated due to sun exposure. I'm not saying this is what caused the problem expressed by other owners in regards to their side windows, but it's something to look at.