Welcome to the #1 KIA Telluride Forum and KIA Telluride community dedicated to KIA Telluride owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the KIA Telluride Forum today!

Brakes Failing

JBCalls

I had a similar incident with my 4-month old 2021 Telluride AWD w/ ~3,400 miles. While pulling the Telluride AWD into the garage, the brake pedal suddenly and without warning lost pressure, went limp and dropped to the floorboard. We could not stop the vehicle and crashed into the interior of the garage. The Telluride stopped after ramming into the foundation of the house at which point we could put it in park and brake functionality returned. It was a very frightening experience resulting in damage to the Telluride AWD, my home and personal property. My home surveillance captured the moment and the video is posted on YouTube:
I was wondering if there was any resolution on this brake issue from Kia?

JBCalls

I just had the same issue this week. I had my infant in the car with me too. I was driving the streets in my neighborhood and after several minutes of driving without incidents all the sudden my brakes wouldn’t work. I couldn’t stop as I approached a stop sign and rolled right through an intersection. I couldn’t stop Till I was well on the other side of the intersection. Thank God no one was coming through the cross streets at the time or I would’ve been nailed with my infant in the car. I’m having the exact same horrible experience with the dealership. They are telling me now that there are no lights on my dashboard anymore and they drove my car and it is absolutely fine. they’re crazy. Trying to get me to come and pick the car back up with how dangerous this is. I read that so many people here weren’t accidents because of it. Thank God we were OK. They literally tried to get me to pick the vehicle up when they didn’t even inspect the brakes or run any codes. And I don’t know how, but all of the dashboard lights that came on right after it happened or miraculously off. Good thing I took a photo of them. This is really scary but this is happening repeatedly and there is no recall. It’s unbelievable that the dealership is pretending that we are crazy and trying to get us to take really dangerous vehicles back. I seriously don’t know what to do.
This is so scary. What year is your Telluride. Did you end up getting any resolution with the dealership or Kia on this issue?

Texmexkent

Our 2022 Telluride AWD brakes will drop out n reset while trying to stop. Took it to KIA in Louisville to look it over. Telluride has been there for 7 weeks now n still no answer. Was told the transportation board took over the inspection of the vehicle. Have a case number from KIA manufacturer in Irving, California. As for now nobody can drive it till it's released.
KIA's not calling it a recall yet. Giving it two more weeks then Lawyering up.
Nobody has no clue what causes this issue. Anyone have their Telluride pay back yet from the manufacture?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
W Kia Telluride Discussions 1